Uni Due Learning Agreement

The International Office is responsible for the administrative procedures concerning your ERASMUS-stay at the University of Duisburg-Essen. If you have any questions concerning the application procedure, enrollment or language courses please contact Mrs. Verena Heuking (Campus Duisburg) or Mrs. Ira Terwyen (Campus Essen). With all issues concerning races and the preparation of your individual study plan or learning agreement, please contact your departmental ERASMUS coordinator Matthias Schuler. Fill out the Learning Agreement form and register your courses that you want to take during your ERASMUS semester abroad. Please note that as an ERASMUS student, you should occupy 30 ECTS per semester. The apprenticeship agreement must be signed by the departmental coordinator of the university of origin (ERAMUS coordinator of the BIWI faculty, Melanie Leung) and by your partner university. If the courses change before the start of studies, please include them in the second page of the apprenticeship agreement. The Learning Agreement should include all the learning outcomes the student is expected to acquire during the exchange. Before the ERASMUS semester abroad: If you wish to be recognized for your studies abroad at the UDE, complete the recognition exam form in due course before the start of your studies. Please list on the form the courses you wish to take at Erasmus Partner University and the courses you would like to be recognised at the UDE. Please also provide a detailed description of erasmus partner university courses (content, credit points, audit services) for services to be provided abroad.

Once you have been selected and nominated by your home university you have to apply at the International Office of the University Duisburg-Essen. We kindly ask you to send your application not later than 1st July for the following winter term and 5th January for the summer term. You can download the app form here. Please contact also the ERASMUS-departmental coordinatorMatthias Schuler. For detailed information please clich www.uni-due.de/international/en_exchange_students.shtml If you have opted for an Erasmus partner university, you are applying online until 31.01. each year with the UDE`s Foreign University Office. This application period applies to both the winter and summer semesters! We advise you to indicate in your application form 2 desired universities if exchange places are already allocated to universities. For the semester period abroad, you can take a leave of absence at the student secretariat. For the leave period, it is not permitted to provide study and examination services to the UDE.

You can be taken into account if you have previously agreed to a learning agreement with the ERASMUS coordinator. The Learning Agreement sets out the program of the studies or the traineeship to be followed abroad and must be approved by the student, the sending and the receiving institution, organization or enterprise before the start of the exchange. As an ERASMUS-student you can apply at the Studentenwerk of the University Duisburg-Essen for a room in a student hall of residence. The Studentenwerk runs 15 halls of residence in Duisburg and Essen. Most of the rooms are furnished and the rent includes electricity, water and heating. Please send the housing application form to the following address: After registration by the ERASMUS coordinator, you will receive additional information about university studies and registration procedures from your partner university. Please note that after registration by the Erasmus coordinator of the BIWI faculty, you must register yourself at the partner university.